Monsters!

I guess I must have been busy the week we did monsters, because these are all the pictures I got!  (Could it have been our goal setting conferences? Yep, probably!) Oops!

Anyways, all of these fun goodies came from Julie Lee’s Monster Madness pack.

The kids had a super fun time with all of these centers! Thanks, Julie!

The weekly pocket chart story. 

IMG_2237

M letter sort:

IMG_2238

Reading and writing sight words:

IMG_2239

Beginning sounds:

IMG_2240

Hearing syllable parts:

IMG_2241

The kids had great fun with this! We sorted and graphed cheesy chex mix! Yum!

IMG_2242

Here are some other monster ideas:

 imageimage

This was a fun poem that we did that my friend Sheyna made!

image

This fun glyph is from Deanna Jump’s monster glyph.  You can find it {here}

image

This was a directed drawing that Deanna posted on her blog last year.  We didn’t get a chance to do it this year, and I was super bummed!

image

Here is some monster fun that I found on Pinterest! The link to the original post is above the picture.

Shape Monsters:
House of Baby Piranha

image

This one didn’t have a source, but they’re SOO cute! If it’s yours, let me know, and I’ll link it up for you! (P.S. – When you’re pinning, make sure you pin directly from the blog – don’t click on the picture and then pin it – we loose the source then!)

image

Lots of cute ideas here!

Katherine Maries

image

I LOVE this idea! (I might need to make it for my house! Who would have thought that a nine year old and a  4 1/2 year old would tattle on each other so much! phew!)

Giggles Galore n More

imageimage

Here is a fun {FREEBIE!} monster unit!

2 Teaching Mommies

image

Here are some cute monster puppets you can make!
UCreate With Kids

image

Blow painting from Raising Sparks

image

Another freebie unit from: 1+1+1=1 image

Raise your hand if you would love this alphabet from Jared Andrew Schorr!

image

From Free Kids Crafts

image

And these little fellas from Craftser are adorable! Where are my crochet hooks?!!

image

Phew! I’m “monstered” out!  Hope you found some great ideas! Leave your url in a comment below if you have another great monster idea!

14 comments:

  1. Hi Kathleen,
    What SUPER ideas! Just thought I'd let you know that the "Not so Scary Monster" unit is from Carisa's Blog "1+1+1=1" and not "Our Little Monkeys.....(Dawn has a picture of it on her blog but links to Carisa).....just thougth I'd let you know so people can download it from the right place :-)
    Michelle (Musings Of Me)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE those shape monsters and have them pinned on my Pinterest too! I was hoping to get to monsters this month, but just haven't gotten there yet. Maybe I can still squeeze in some monster fun this week before Halloween. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking to do a monster unit with my first graders but did not pull it together in time of October. thought that I might do it in the dead of winter when we could all use a smile!

    Lori
    http://bee-the-change.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am your newest follower :) Thanks for sharing your great ideas!
    http://mrsbremersk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for including me in your post! I love the TATTLETALE monsters. They would be adorable Valentine's Day boxes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Michelle! All fixed! It was late last night when I posted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks girl, for the shout out! I love that alphabet...my hand is raised! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's almost November, could you share your november songs? Thanks!

    Rachelle
    http://sweetkindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. November is coming soon! It's on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the monsters!! My class theme this year is Monsters!! I started with Trend's Furry Friends and began my blog search for more. Who knew that so many wonderful monster ideas were out there!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, Love, Love all your wonderful ideas. Can you please post the November calendar book pages. We are following your calendar book this year and just love it!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I second the calendar book pages request! Thank you for all your wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kathleen! Great ideas! I have a few monster freebies on my blog. Just thought I'd share!
    Spotlight on Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can I BEEEEEGGGG to post that monster tattle on my blog? OMG! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete