Fall Math and Literacy Centers

These are centers that we worked on last week and the week before! I guess I am a bit behind!  These are all from my Fantastically Fun Fall pack!

We LOVE to count and write the room! I ALWAYS have these centers each week – kids love to get up and move around and it separates the children a bit more.  More separation = less talking!

IMG_7659

IMG_7646

I differentiated this center for each kiddo – those that were ready to write number words did that, and those that weren’t quite ready just wrote the number.

IMG_7647

I always have some sort of patterning center as well.  There are two different spinner for the children to choose from – AB, and ABB – some kiddos aren’t quite ready to move on from AB patterns yet :)

IMG_7648

IMG_7649

This center was a bit challenging for some kids, but I think once they get the hang of the multiple steps it will be a bit easier!

IMG_7650

This was our first time playing “Flip Five” - -the children LOVED it.  There are NO numbers in this version – just pictures to count.  I have a few other versions of Flip Five in my TpT store if you’re looking for number versions.  Again, for the kiddos that were ready, they wrote their equations on the response sheet.

IMG_7651

We’ve been practicing adding 1 more during our calendar time, so this game was perfect for some independent practice!  Dice + candy corn = FUN!

IMG_7652

I love incorporating fine motor skills during centers whenever I can.  At this center, the children used a clothes pin to clip the beginning sound and flipped it over to check it (the answer is designated by a sticker!).

IMG_7653

Ooh! This was SO fun!  The kiddos wrote the beginning sound of each picture to figure out the scarecrow secret code!IMG_7654

This game is GREAT for beginning sound practice! We spun the spinner and moved the candy corn piece down one leaf.  The first candy corn to the bottom is the winning letter!

IMG_7655

Fun with rhymes!  The children rolled two dice – when they rolled two words that rhyme, they covered up a crow with a candy corn.  HINT – If you own this center, print two copies of each rhyme.  Choose 3 rhymes to focus on. The children will be more successful rolling two words that rhyme!

IMG_7656

This was a pocket chart activity – sorry I forgot to snap a pic of the pocket chart.  The children put the words in the correct order to make a sentence that makes sense.

IMG_7657

This center is one of my favorite ones – I’ve been doing it for years! It’s from my It’s Fall Y’all pack.  I die cut different color leaves and sort them into baggies. The children then sort them and graph them and complete the graph.  Each kiddo gets their own set.  It’s so fun seeing the gigantic graphs on the floor!

IMG_7661

Here is the response sheet for our acorn count the room (the photo is above!)IMG_7662

At our listening center, we listened to Firefighter Ted!

IMG_7664

We are working on pumpkins this week and next (and maybe the following week too!)  Let me know if you have any questions!

Slide1

5 comments:

  1. Very cute and creative! Love how organized this is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when teachers showcase their TpT packets because you get a really great feel for if they will work for your kiddies.
    Seeing your packet 'in action' made me want it even more so it's in my cart :D
    Thanks for explaining the centres. I can't wait to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when teachers showcase their TpT packets because you get a really great feel for if they will work for your kiddies.
    Seeing your packet 'in action' made me want it even more so it's in my cart :D
    Thanks for explaining the centres. I can't wait to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving your centers! You always have the best centers though

    Shuna

    Pocket Full of Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  5. I teach kindergarten and I can't wait for my kiddos to have fun with all these center activities... I have a question... where do you get your spinners??? I found a few in my math manipulative bins but really need more so I can do all these activities!!! I would really appreciate your help and response with this.
    Thanks a million!
    Lesly
    Lcuamea@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete