Thanksgiving Centers & Turkeys in Disguise

We had a lot of fun with our Thanksgiving centers over the past couple of weeks! It makes my heart so happy when the children love to practice what we are learning during whole group at centers!  These are centers that I’ve used for a couple of years now, but if it isn’t broken, why fix it?!

IMG_3276IMG_3278IMG_3279

These next few math centers are part of a new center pack that I am working on.  I have quite a few activities done, but I’m testing some out to see how my kiddos enjoy them.  I hope to have them finished soon! (Said the girl who hasn’t finished any pack in a LONG time!)

IMG_3277IMG_3281

Remember that sentence reconstruction pack I told you about a few weeks ago? The one that I was SUPPOSED to finish?  Well, this is one of the activities in it.  I never finished it :(.  I’ve started and not finished and October pack, a November pack, and a December pack! Someone tell me to finish! ha!

IMG_3293

IMG_3282

 IMG_3294This is another pocket chart center we did this week.

IMG_3283

The children keep their response sheet in their book boxes so they can practice reading the sentence during our read to self time.

IMG_3284

IMG_3285

I have 2 write the room centers for literacy centers this time around.  For the first they searched for sight words, and the second was ABC order from Cara’s November Write On pack.

IMG_3286IMG_3287IMG_3288

And we always have a math write the room!

IMG_3289

This is a sequencing center – we counted by 10s this time around.

IMG_3290

Turkeys in disguise is one of my all time favorite Thanksgiving projects! My families really did a great job with this activity and the children are so excited to share and talk about their creations!

IMG_3312

The writing project is from one of my all time favorite bloggers – April from Chalk Talk.  If you haven’t visited her blog, you MUST.  She is always SPOT ON for what kindergarten children need.  I LOVE the simplicity of her activities.  Chalk Talk is the first Kindergarten blog I found over 3 years ago, and she totally inspired me to start my blog.  Please go over and check out her blog!

IMG_3313

Just one more day to enter my Silhouette giveaway! Be sure to scroll down to enter!

7 comments:

  1. The K classes in one of my schools did "Turkeys in Disguise", too! I LOVED coming out of my room and seeing all of the different, very creative "turkeys"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did Turkeys in Disguise too! I got some amazing turkeys this year. I love the writing. I think I will add that next year.

    Terri
    KinderKapers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have the compare numbers domino sheet available to download?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business.บาคาร่าวอเลท

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!Thanksสล็อตทรูวอเลท

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for taking the time to publish this information very useful!เว็บสล็อต

    ReplyDelete